- Three 17 year old Luxembourg students from the Lycée Aline Mayrisch, Francesca van Marion, Lorena Tornambé and Lea Muller, won the US Embassy Environment Video contest by submitting their short film on the necessity of water, in daily life.
- Their video was awarded first prize in the US Embassy’s contest, which was launched in June 2015, to mark World Environment Day.
- A total of 15 varied and thought-provoking videos were submitted by 27 young people of all nationalities, living in Luxembourg.
- All 15 clips were screened at an awards ceremony hosted at Ciné Utopia in Limpertsberg on Thursday.
- Second place was awarded to Mara Erange for “Love…Nature!”, third to Ioanna Bagia for “Our Environment Matters”, fourth to “Is this Reality?” by Edgar Antunes, Christophe Zanier, Capucine Lentze and Sidsel Pedersen and fifth to “Indifference of Humanity”, by Helena Sofia Monteiro Abrantes, Kevin Hang and Joana Soares Valente.
News Item compiled by Almas Shaikh